“We”, “us”, “our” and “Blackbird Cafe” means the business located in Wheat Road Balcony Level 1, Cockle Bay Wharf Darling Harbour, NSW 2000.
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act, as amended from time to time). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au. You should read the APP carefully, a link to the APP is provided for you: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles/australian-privacy-principles-quick-reference/
In accordance with Privacy Amendment (Public Health Contact Information) Act 2020, we may collect information with regard to Commonwealth Covid safety regulations through COVID specific apps. The Privacy Act does not prevent critical information sharing.
We also adhere to other Australian regulations, such as Do Not Call Register Act 2006 Cth and Spam Act 2003 Cth. These are Commonwealth legislations that apply to all States and Territories.
1. Collection of personal information: The type of information we collect may include:
- email address;
- credit card information;
- telephone number;
- date of birth;
- marital status;
- preferences and opinions; and
- any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
In addition to the information listed above, in some cases we may collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
- when you choose to create an account or register for a product or service via a website or application using a social media platform such as Facebook;
- when a third party has your consent to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you enter a competition or promotion administered by a third party on our behalf; and
- when it is otherwise lawful for a third party to disclose your personal information to us.
2. Your use of our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including:
- through the use of Internet cookies;
- your communications with our Site;
- the type of browser you are using;
- the type of operating system you are using; and
- the domain name of your Internet service provider.
4. Use of personal information: We collect and use the information for purposes including but not limited to:
- contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- for market research;
- business development including website development;
- marketing including direct marketing;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
6. Change of control: – If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
9. Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
10. Correction: We take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We may from time to time contact you to check that any information we hold is both accurate and up to date.
11. Complaints: Although we are committed to ensuring that at all times there is strict adherence to the Australian Privacy Principles, in the event that you are dissatisfied in any way with the collection, use, storage and/or disclosure of your personal information or believe that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, we invite you to contact us as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied with the manner in which we deal with your complaint, you may refer it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC“). You can contact OAIC by:
- visiting www.oaic.gov.au;
- forwarding an email to email@example.com;
- telephoning 1300 363 992; or
- writing to OAIC at GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
12. Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Contact details: For questions or notices, please contact us at: email@example.com.
18. Disclaimer: The content on this website is provided as a general reference and for information purposes only. We do not guarantee the sequence, accuracy or completeness of any content, data content or other information appearing on this website. The business is not liable for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in or from any data or other information provided on this website.